In which my whole life changes

I was never prone to saying Things happen for a reason, or It was meant to be, or bandying about words like fate and serendipity. I've always been a firm believer that you make your own luck, that good things happen because you work for them, etc., etc., blah blah blah.

But everything changed 2 weeks ago, in one instant, and all those words I never used to say are flying out of my mouth with truly alarming frequency.

See, 2 weeks ago CameraMan got an email. An email with a job offer. An offer in my favorite city in the world, the city that took my breath away and healed my broken heart so that I could give it whole to CM. Vienna. So we're going. Of course we're going. We have 6 months to brush up our German, file our paperwork, and purge our belongings, with plenty of time thrown in for jumping up and down screaming about our good fortune.

It feels like capital-F Fate, I'll just say it. After months of debating what our next step was, after I had all but given up on the dream of living in Europe because the dream of living with CM was even more exciting, after we had worked through some tough relationship stuff and found our peace and confidence—this opportunity came at exactly the right time, right when we were ready and open and looking for a sign.

Clearly, it was meant to be.

CameraMan's (less sappy) take is here.

10 comments:

  1. you are beautiful through and through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both! What an exciting opportunity and adventure! I cannot wait to see what amazing photos and stories come from your new home!

    Of course, I'll miss you guys whenever I make my way back to Houston... but that's what blogs, flickr and facebook are for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you made me cry just a little bit. Thrilled to see you take wing together. Yet another reason to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Now you will be able to cross several items off your list, including Nr 2, 6, 7; but probably not 9, 16.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you both! Talk about a dream coming true! And your blogs - both of them - heralded the glorius event very well, indeed!

    Love you both, Grandma

    I think I heard fanfare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you both. This morning I said on Facebook that good things happen to good people, but I also believe that good things happen to people who work their butt off for it and I know that describes you as well. I can't to wait for your lyrical descriptions of all the magical things to come. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's fantastic, louisa. i'm sure you'll live a beautiful live there. i'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!!! Wow I'm jealous. That's amazingly cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news. Congratulations and welcome to good old Europe! Vienna was my second home (operawise)for many years. It is a beautiful and exciting city. Try to find an apartment with a balcony. Make it a safe place for a cat (with cat nets) and the little lady will be happy to enjoy the Austrian sun. You do take her with you, don´t you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another Houstonian in Österreich! Will be e-mailing you back this week! Love your header.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...