In which I become a contender

Most days I wouldn't even be considered for the Best Girlfriend in the World award, should such a thing exist. I'm moody, fiercely independent, high-maintenance, and never around. I hog the remote and the covers, I'm always cold, and I refuse to watch scary movies. I cry at the drop of a hat, I have to be right all the time, and I'm a stickler for good grammar (you'll notice I've picked sides in the Oxford comma debate). Most days, I'm a pain in the neck, I know I am.

But yesterday was not most days. Yesterday, I climbed the ranks in the Best Girlfriend in the World contest. Why, you ask? Because yesterday, in honor of CM's impending birthday, I surprised him with a behind-the-scenes tour of our favorite animals at the zoo: the sifakas. Turns out, not only are they incredibly adorable (look at those eyes!), but they are also sweet-natured, just as soft as they look, and very social. We got to hand-feed and pet them, and the baby sifaka even licked our fingers!



And then, when we got home, I gave him the rest of his present: an entire series he loves on DVD (I won't tell you the name of it because CM doesn't want people to question his sexual orientation). And after that I put on a slinky black number and let him take me out to dinner.

I think I'm just a little closer to that trophy now.

5 comments:

  1. That is TOOO cool for words. You ARE a very very very good girlfriend.

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first paragraph describes me to a "T". Maybe there is hope for me after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being in favor of the Oxford comma definitely keeps you in the running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Louisa, I was thinking about Houston a year on, and about you and that it's your birthday around now. I guess I missed it but I'd like to send you a greeting anyhow. I just received a little fee for a broadcast of B&B. I hope you got one too! Perhaps I can find it to listen to on the interweb - I'd like to hear the lovely music, the flirty play andthe donkey. I'm going to have a scout round your blog to see what you've been up to. Happy, better late than never, Birthday Louisa! XX Robin T

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...