Peer Pressure List, Vol. 8

  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: I loved this film more than I could have imagined. It is a beautiful, epic love story, an incredible feat of special effects, and a major tear-jerker. It's also an homage to the city of New Orleans, which looks absolutely gorgeous. Go see it.

  • Gabriel Kahane: I had the great pleasure of hearing this singer-songwriter-composer at Le Poisson Rouge this week, and I was blown away. I immediately went home and downloaded all his music from iTunes. You should, too.

  • Tarte tatin: My amazing roommate made this for dessert the other night, after cooking me a dinner of steak and pesto pasta. The tarte tatin was the perfect ending to the perfect meal. Best with vanilla sauce.

  • Suite Française: My Gay Husband gave me this book for Christmas, and I've been enjoying reading a bit of it each night before I go to sleep. It's exquisitely written, and the characters are all fascinating. Also, there's a chance reading it will get me into an exclusive book club I heard about.

  • Gossip Girl: I tried to resist the siren call of Gossip Girl, but it was too strong. Since arriving in NYC, I felt the need to catch up on the episodes I had missed, and I was not disappointed. So trashy, so addictive. And the clothes…perfection.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't G. Kahane great? I was first amused (and impressed) by the Craigslistlieder, but I think Vernon Drive is one of my favorite songs. He's so much more direct than Rufus Wainwright, who impresses me mightily but hasn't moved me yet...
    Sounds like you are having a great time! KK

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...