Peer Pressure List, Vol. 10

  • NYC Restaurant Week: Restaurant Week is a glorious time when fancy schmancy restaurants give you beautiful 3-course dinners for $35. That's how I was able to have escargots, veal, and chocolate mousse with The Banker at Cafe des Artistes last week. There's one more week of it to go; I might just have to go again.

  • Jet Blue: I was lucky enough to be able to take a 3-day weekend visit to Houston, and Jet Blue was incredible. They've built a new terminal in JFK, complete with free wi-fi, lots of food options, and comfy seating galore. On the plane itself, you get 30 channels of TV at your seat! Umm... yes, please, I will spend 4 hours switching between The Millionaire Matchmaker, Law & Order: CI, and Jon and Kate plus 8, all while munching on sweet potato chips. Don't mind if I do.

  • Kiehl's: Not surprisingly, my skin has been freaking out ever since I left warm, humid Houston 3 weeks ago and came to cold, dry New York. My usual skincare regimen just wasn't cutting it, so I paid a visit to Kiehl's, where they hooked me up with the best cuticle cream I've ever tried (and I'm something of a connoisseur), lip balm, and samples of several different moisturizers to try. Much better.

  • Chick-fil-A: You better believe that the first meal I had when I got back to H-town was chicken nuggets, waffle fries, and lemonade from Chick-fil-A. Yum. Just don't try to go there on a Sunday.

  • President Obama: I have a pretty strict no crying at work policy, but I almost made an exception on Tuesday around, say, noon. Honestly, if it hadn't been for the Chief Justice's screw-up and the god-awful robotic voice of the poet and Aretha Franklin's ridiculous hat, I probably would have completely lost it. I can't wait to see what he does next.

5 comments:

  1. dude-I am a little bit in love with your new rain boots...where did you get them??

    p.s.
    you should come to see me in Berlin...just sayin'...
    :)
    Wise Sop

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my co-workers said that she just didn't get what the big deal was about Chick-Fil-A. All the rest of us could do was gape at her openly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't we all love Inauguration Day and that awesome brand new President!
    What will he do next? You can count on his being brilliant and sometimes poetically unexpected.
    Not only out-of-the-box but off-the-planet.
    OUT OF THIS WORLD?
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Aretha's hat! I was going to get you one just like it

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...