No more pencils, no more books

Today was the first day of my summer vacation. Nowhere I had to be, nobody expecting me, nothing pressing on the agenda. Most of my day was spent in long spells on the couch, punctuated by trips to run invented errands.

I've finally (just about) made my peace with my unemployed status. My summer plans are shaping up. For most of the summer I'll be at Wolf Trap, pretending I work there but spending all my time at the pool. I'm planning to fill the rest with trips to Oregon to visit the Bossy folks, Central City to see The New Oregonian and Little Ms. Hardcore, Santa Fe to take in the sights and check in with CaliBoy, and L.A. for The Wise Soprano's opening night in September. And, to stave off an outbreak of couch-itis, I have a long list of projects to accomplish. Studying next season's operas, learning how to use my new camera, making a website, and writing as much as I can...I don't think I'll be bored.

As much as I'm looking forward to visiting friends all over the country, there are 4 friends in particular that I can't wait to see again. I'm referring, of course, to Charlotte, Miranda, Samantha, and Carrie.



I'm not sure I can express in words how excited I am about this movie. I am not ashamed to tell you that I tear up every single time I watch the trailer (and that's more than twice, in case you're wondering). And while I know the opening weekend promises to be an estrogen overload, I will be there with bells on, contributing my own estrogen to the mix.

I might need new shoes.

3 comments:

  1. OMG I share your excitement and cannot wait to see what our pals have been up to lo these past few years! also... add AirstreamDiva to the list of folks you need to see in Central City. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree - I definitely have a date for this movie!!

    But in the meantime - I've tagged you in a "meme" on my blog - feel free to divulge all at your leisure (or not!)

    CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, if you get really bored, let me know, and I'll send you a DVD of 27 Dresses - my gift to you...hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...