Magic Fluterrific

The first Magic Flute weekend is officially over (2 performances down, 5 to go)! Friday was a lovely opening. The cast was healthy, the house was full, and the "Bravos" were plentiful. The opening night party was sufficiently schmancy (there were quail puffs with truffles—how's that for schmancy?), the toasts were pleasantly pithy, and the wine was amply abundant.

And then…well, then there was the dress. After I was told by two separate people that it was Oscar-worthy, I am fully jumping on the Butter by Nadia bandwagon.

It was a fun night. Magical, you might even say. Don't believe me? I have proof.

Erdrosselt!


You can never have too many redheads. This one is BrandNewMiniCooperGirl.


The obligatory arms-length self-portrait with CameraMan


The Wise Soprano, relaxing after delivering a stunning Pamina. (Please ignore my posture).


In other news, I completed my 30-day project yesterday, a project that I hadn't even mentioned on here because I was so certain that I wouldn't be able to actually do it. I ran for 30 minutes with stopping! This may not seem like a huge accomplishment, but it was definitely the first time in my life I had been able to do it (hey, I never claimed to be athletic). I even had energy left over to jump up and down with excitement when I finished.

Also, my kitten made a new friend last night. The Soprano from Wisconsin brought Bessie over for a playdate. Hilarity ensued.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what's funnier... that your kitty is chasing the pup, or The Soprano from Wisconsin's expression at their antics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeow, that dress is gorgeous! And congrats on the running. Maybe that's my problem. I actually tell people on my blog when I'm trying to exercise or eat better. Maybe I should keep it all to myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of this pics!
    Your dress is AMAZING!!!
    And camera man new glasses are STYLIN!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be down in your neck of the woods shortly- looking forward to meeting lil' miss bossy--I'll look for the redhead if they let us hang out backstage :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...