Louisa at the Icon


Did you read Eloise as a child? It was one of my very favorite books from a childhood full of excellent books. It's told from the perspective of the incomparable Eloise, a little girl who lives full-time at the Plaza Hotel in New York. What could be more glamorous?

Even as an adult, I have a great love of hotels. I still stay in them (especially the nice ones) rarely enough that it seems special every time. I go nuts for complimentary mini toiletries, unlimited cable (watched from bed, no less—so decadent), and don't even get me started on the glories of room service.

So I was quite excited when I found out that during my stay in Houston I would be put up at the Hotel Icon. For TWO WEEKS. And it was all I could have hoped for and more. I highly recommend the Icon for your next stay in Houston. They upgraded me to a deluxe room upon arrival, which featured a view over downtown Houston, an enormous comfy bed, and a giant bathtub with JETS. I've never taken so many baths in my life. My room was beautiful in every detail, and I felt so well taken care of during my entire stay.

I'm thinking that it is entirely possible that the key to my complete and utter happiness is daily maid service. Also, a bar downstairs doesn't hurt.

Can that be arranged?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...