Tschüß, 2010!

My New Year's Eve mood is leaning more toward nostalgic than celebratory. I'm actually feeling a bit sad to let go of this glorious year. It sounds absurdly hyperbolic to say that 2010 has been the best year of my life, so let's just say that 2011 has some big shoes to fill.


Highlights from the life of LMB in 2010:

I survived Tosca, Hamlet, Tosca again, Life is a Dream, Madame Butterfly, and La Fanciulla del West (hope I'm not jinxing anything—we've got 9 days left of this one). I was in a video on the New York Times website. For about 5 seconds, but still.

CameraMan got the most exciting email ever.

We got rid of most of our belongings in The Great Purge of 2010, first because we wanted to, and then because we had to.

We solidified incredible friendships and made a rich life in Houston. Then we moved. To another continent.

I started the Home on the Road feature. Then I neglected it. More to come in 2011, I promise.

We got engaged. It's a good story.

I crossed NINE items off my Bossy List: #67, #30, #42, #99, #21, #86, #84, #51, and #15. Thinking about topping that next year.

I spent a total of 165 days in the same city as CM. Definitely will be topping THAT next year.

I continued to write here, sometimes regularly, sometimes not. I even wrote several things that didn't make me cringe upon rereading them, including this, this, this, and this.


2011, you're going to have to work hard to top 2010, but I've got a good feeling about you.

Happy New Year, y'all.


Addio, 2009
Adieu, 2008

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Ms. Louisa. You are still my #1 favorite blog writer and I'm privileged to get to follow along as you document your life's journey.

    I have no doubt that no matter how ultra fabulous 2010 was (and it was for both you and CM) that 2011 holds even better and brighter things.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Louisa & Eric! I'm so happy to have been part of so much of your work this year -it was a lot of fun and you helped me find some new discoveries about these roles that I will carrry with me into future productions (God willing).

    Maybe we'll get to Vienna in 2011!

    xo - Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a year indeed - thanks for bringing us along with you in your adventures!

    Here's to an even better 2011!

    Any photo projects on your horizon?

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...