Meanwhile...

I've been in a decidedly unbloggy mood of late, quick to snap when asked about it (sorry, Mama) and uninspired to write anything. I wrote several posts in my head but never took the next step to put fingers to keyboard. Generally when I'm searching for writing motivation I can go to the blog and something comes into my head, but I had to stop doing that because the MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8 was staring me in the face and making me depressed. People, that was over a month ago. Why on earth have I waited so long to write?

Reader's Digest version of my life right now:

I'm in New York, putting on Puccini's opera of cowboys and Indians. It's been a bit of a roller coaster, actually, one of the most challenging experiences of my career to date, but ultimately incredibly rewarding.

It's cold.

CameraMan is coming for Christmas in exactly two days. It's been far too long. I CAN'T WAIT!

I'm in the midst of figuring out what next season will look like, making decisions about where and how much to work. I'm excited AND scared.

We set a wedding date: July 9, 2011. Wedding planning hasn't gone much beyond that.

The Santa Mix is on shuffle at all times. Currently: Diana Krall, "I'll be Home for Christmas."

My sublet is ridiculously awesome, right across from the Museum of Natural History.  It's cozy, and the number of restaurants that deliver is making it far too easy for me to be a hermit.

Thank goodness for My Gay Husband, The Wise Soprano, and The Banker—New York would be so lonely without them.

I have 3 List items to cross off. Looking forward to telling you all about them.

I visited the Bossy Homestead in Oregon for a perfect 3 days with Mama and Papa Bossy. I would have gladly stayed longer.

If I weren't saving up for a wedding, I would be saving up for a Tempurpedic mattress.

I miss this.

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about being in an unbloggy mood. it took me HOW long to post about 11 days in China??

    Congrats on setting the wedding date - that's half the battle. The other half is deciding where, what, etc.

    Congrats on winning the sublet lottery this time in NYC, sounds like you're having fun.

    I just crossed a handful of items on my list and added more totalling up 100 (instead of 80).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was only 2.5 days at the bossy homestead, but worth at least 5...

    BTW, you missed the tornado

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw Girl of the Golden West, and while there was a lot of spirit on that stage, it is not a great opera. I'm sorry to say that, because the folks involved are working their hearts out. But it just simply is not great Puccini. I'm glad I saw it, and they did the best they could, but it couldn't hold a candle to Pelleas and Don Carlo, unfortunately - no blame to the people working with it, but some operas are better than others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...