222-224/365


I had such a great couple days in Chicago. I have always loved the city and thought I would enjoy living there (see #72 on my list), and working at this company has always been on my career wishlist. I'll be there for 3 1/2 months this fall, and I could not be more excited.





My flight out of Chicago was at 6am, so to save myself some hassle and buy myself some extra sleep, I got a hotel room by the airport. I have lately become very enamored of the Holiday Inn Express as my hotel of choice. They're reasonably priced, they always have free wi-fi, and they have the BEST beds. With a choice of pillow firmness, no less. The bed was so comfortable I had a very difficult time getting out of it. Of course, they might have been because it was 4:30 in the morning.





It was cold and rainy here all summer, until suddenly, in the middle of August, it wasn't. It got hot. It's been a long time since I lived somewhere without air conditioning in the summer, and when it's hot there's really only one solution: ice cream. I've been eating it every day. It's a good thing I'm returning to the land of central a/c—I think I might be getting fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...