What time is it?

With the exception of my Little Miss Bossy t-shirt, I only wear t-shirts with writing on them to bed or to the gym, and I rarely buy new ones. As a result, my t-shirt collection has reached a certain…umm…vintage. There's my 6th grade gym shirt sporting my elementary school's colors. There's the souvenir from San Francisco featuring Kliban cats riding a streetcar. And then there's the one from the theatre where I played Amaryllis in Music Man (circa 1991). That one has so many holes in it that CameraMan has forbidden me to wear it in his presence.

It might be time to go shopping.

***

On Friday I made the mistake of getting the free fitness assessment that comes with my new gym membership. My worst fears were confirmed: I am a skinny fat girl. I may look skinny, but that is only an illusion, masking my through-the-roof body fat content and complete lack of upper body muscle tone. Also, turns out I weigh 13 pounds more than I thought I did. Ugh. There is a reason I don't own a scale. I was so scarred by the experience that I had to take the weekend off from going to the gym (aka the scene of the crime).

It might be time to get off the couch.

***

These last few weeks before I go back to work are moving as slow as molasses in winter (as they say). I have become completely impossible to live with, prone to heavy sighs and proclamations that I'm "sooooo booooored." It's all very reminiscent of high school. I'm driving myself (and, no doubt, my loved ones) crazy, and there are still 3 weeks to go before my prep week begins.

It might be time to find a hobby.

1 comment:

  1. Lol isn't it in the gym's own interest to give you a craptastic "You're so fat!" analysis?

    + gym stuff is so freaking boring though.

    You can get buffer and happier from, say, swimming or tennis or something that is half-pain and half-fun...as opposed to the gym which is 100% boredom. That being said, soccer is the bad-assest sport ever! But whatever floats your boat - even if it's kayaking [I should do standup].

    Rec/competitive leagues are great fun because of the cool peeps you meet. So that's like killing the hobby and health bird with one stone. If you wanted to get shopping in there too you could try staying alive by virtue of sprinting or somesuch during a sale of Hannah Montana tickets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...