In the black

Dear readers, I've been holding out on you. I actually crossed off another list item on December 21 of last year, and neglected to tell you about it for fear of jinxing it. But now a couple weeks have passed, and it seems like maybe it wasn't too good to be true. So, here it is... I paid off my credit card debt. After YEARS of living beyond my means, I am turning over a brand new leaf and vowing to only spend money I have from now on.

I was unprepared for how good I would feel when I paid off the last little bit of debt. I'm a whole new girl, really, and as counter-intuitive as it is, I'm actually feeling LESS inclined to spend money now. I access my accounts on Mint several times a day, just so I can look at the Cash vs. credit card debt section and see that the number next to Debt is $0 and the number next to Cash is growing. I've opened two savings accounts. Honestly, I don't recognize myself anymore.

So, with tightly crossed fingers and held breath that I won't have to uncross this item in a few months...

  1. Be debt free.


14 down, 86 to go...

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Doesn't it feel wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is terrific! I hope to experience that feeling one day. I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2010 is measuring up to its promise!
    And you are going way beyond to emerge as the inspirational being that you are. I'm very inspired by you...... Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to be debt free sometime soon, but I'm writing to say I just read the Elegance of the Hedgehog too - someone gave it to me for Christmas, and I loved it too!

    I didn't start reading your blog until after I saw Katya in Chicago - but I loved it. Many more successes! Love your blog!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...