Ooh la la

I don't know why I'm surprised, but I have to say, I wasn't expecting Paris to be quite so ... Parisian. Seriously, it's a little over-the-top:

Charming windy cobblestone streets. Wrought-iron balconies with lovingly tended windowboxes. Elegant French mothers waiting outside the créche for their adorable French children to run out chattering about gâteau. Entire shops selling nothing but cheese just down the block from entire shops selling nothing but meat. Honeymooning couples canoodling on shady park benches. Amusement and disdain on the faces of the French people when you (I) attempt to speak their language. Inconspicuous plaques declaring that "Van Gogh lived here" or "Satie lived here" and other astonishing things. Sidewalk cafés and crêpe stands as far as the eye can see. Windows open and laundry hanging from curtain rods (including, directly across the street from me, someone's leotard). Dozens of little red chimneys on every building.

And that's just in my NEIGHBORHOOD! In ONE DAY! I haven't seen the Eiffel Tower, or the Champs Elysées, or the Louvre, or any of those quintessential Paris icons yet. It's all so very Parisian it's almost too much to handle.

Oh, what am I talking about? It's perfection! It's what I've been dreaming about for years! I am soaking it in and loving every minute of it!

Though if I see a mime on the street anytime soon, it might just push me over the edge.

My street, the lovely Rue Chappe


This view is STEPS from my front door. Very steep steps, but steps nonetheless.

4 comments:

  1. 3 points for every beret you see. double if it is on a little old man with a vest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like being there! Thanks for all the imagery. And the photos.
    Waiting for the next input.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to boycott Little Ms. Bossy until she returns stateside. This much envy does not suit me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...